Starting Monday, June 14th, we will begin allowing limited people into the hospital to accompany their pet for their scheduled doctor’s exam. We will be requiring that any person entering the building wear a mask at all times. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you. Our staff will also continue to wear masks. We will continue to offer curbside appointments to anyone who prefers this type of interaction. The following are the guidelines we will be following:
- The hospital waiting room will remain closed.
- Scheduled doctor appointments (well and sick): When you arrive for your pet’s appointment, call the front desk to check in and the receptionist will ask if you prefer to remain curbside or come into the hospital. If you have underage children in your vehicle, your pet’s appointment will be curbside. We will allow one masked person to accompany their pet for in hospital appointments. When we have a clean exam room ready, we will come out to your car and escort you and your pet to the designated exam room. The nurse will collect a history and the doctor will come into the room to examine your pet. Any treatments or procedures that need to be performed will occur in our treatment room. You will be checked out in the exam room and escorted back out of the building when your appointment is finished.
- Nurse appointments: These appointments will remain curbside. Please call the front desk when you arrive, and the nurse will come out to collect your pet and bring them into the building for treatment.
- Medication pick-ups: Please call the front desk and after payment is collected over the phone, and we will bring your medication out to your car.
- Drop-Offs (surgeries, dentals, all day testing, glucose curves, etc.): We will continue to check your pet in curbside. Please call the front desk when you arrive and the nurse will go over your pet’s procedure, have you sign any necessary paperwork and collect your pet from the car.
- Euthanasia appointments: We will continue to allow all family members to be with their loved one. We ask that anyone coming into the building be masked.
We want to thank you in advance for your patience as we adjust to these new policies. We will do our best to coordinate all of our different appointment options to best meet the needs of our patients. Your pet’s care is our number one priority, and we will do everything we can to make sure they receive the attention each individual pet deserves. For your health and safety, we have had the entire hospital professionally cleaned per CDC guidelines. Thank you again for your cooperation and support during this ever-changing situation.